So what's cool in 2015? Anyone know?
The turn of the new year came and went. I was surprisingly sick all day of the first day of 2015, a little ominous. Anyhow, we're not superstitious, so life is carrying on as normal. It does feel good to be in a new year. I like writing the number 5 more than 4 and amidts the power cuts and falling trees here I've had plenty of time to practice writing 2015, whilst waiting for the power to come back allowing me to become distracted by all the media we have in our home.
I got my hair cut. Short. It's really short. I like it, everyone seems to like it, so that's good and new. My resolution was to walk everyday and spend more time with friends. It's going OK, I figured having resolutions that involved doing instead of withholding would be easier to achieve in part. I'm walking more...I'm definitely trying to spend more time on friends, whether that's in online chats or in person..or just accepting invitations.
I've already made a new friend! Been sent myriads of new happy baby photos from various people. Caught up with friends overseas and text messaged essays to local pals! Yeah I'm only 10 days in.
We are hoping to go on a journey next month. We may end up back in the U.K. and we are watching last minute flights like hawks. If not a road trip or a warm beach location for some R & R sounds great too. We need to go somewhere. We are such antsy folk. Being still and calm for a few years has been good, but it's hard for us. We are adventurous. Going places is a luxury and a sacrifice. We may never own our own home or really have a lot of spare cash in life or own pets, or have children, but we get have adventures so there is a huge trade off. Maybe we'll get to have and do all of the above mentioned...who knows?
One of the new things I'm trying this year is ebooks and audio books. i'm enjoying it so far, reading some easy chic lit books. i'm more particular with the audio books. I want to hear the authors voice, at least their accent, so if it's a British author I like to have a British person read the text and if American author and American read the text. Librivox has helped me with this a lot. Although I find myself day dreaming if I am not following the along with the written text.
I ventured a bit further in the car this new year than I have done before. I was scared senseless, but I did it!
My favorite part of the new year so far was VHIs top 100 hits from the 90s. It managed to erase the drivel gangster rap being played at a work party fully out of my mind! Grunge forever!!
Things we still need to do:
- Research gyms...yeah in the summer it gets so hot here it's horrible to go outside and definitely not exercise. So it would be great to find a pool for swimming laps like I used to back home.
- Mail all the Christmas presents - er yeah, we were that busy this holiday season...
- Pat myself on the back for achieving my work goal of beating the store sales in Reno. Yep..we did!
- Actually go grocery shopping. It's been almost 2 months!
- Fix all the broken things in our house
- Take down the blasted Christmas tree. It's half decorated still!
- Plan and take a vacation!!!!
The list goes on, does yours?
Good luck if you are way behind like me and well done if you are on top of it all. You're my hero. I hope your 2015 shines!
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)