Sweater Weather
Last night we had a wonderful fall rainfall. This morning the parched ground soaked up the water and left greyish skies hovering, whilst the Cali sun broke
through with warm determination.
It's cold here..oh so cold....no fires are burning yet, I am wearing lots of clothes, hats and socks. We layered down winter rugs and have taken out the winter boots. Living in the foothills means we experience a myriad of elements in their force. When it rains, it's heavy and intense. When the sun shines it bears down on us with relentless heat. The ice and snow bring their own adventures.
My yarn piles are starting to dwindle as I work on projects, keeping my fingers busy, my mind at rest from my workplace. I continue to finish the blanket project started 2 years ago!!! A few neautral coasters and dish rags and this years "couple project". I normally rope my husband into some sort of creative project this time of year. He generally kicks and screams over this, but ends up enjoying it a lot and seems awed by the final outcome.
One year we wrote an awful song together, it was a parody and meant to be awful. One year we made a winter garland. This year it's all about pom poms! I've decided we are going to make a small pom pom rug for out cold feet. It can sit right here by the computer as we spend so much time on this thing. The best part about it (for me) is how easy it is to divide up into smaller parts. Hand pom poms are so simple to make...and fun! Attaching it all together on a rug pad will be interesting. I've already made about 20 medium sized pom poms today.
It's so fun doing these crazy art projects together. They tend to turn out really nice!
This sweater weather is such a reflective time. Each day I'm being reminded of Gods love for me. My identity is in him, that he loves me. It's sort of the warm comforting feeling that you get from a warm drink on a cold day or getting toasty by a fire, wrapped in blankets. The knowledge of Gods love is all encompassing. I know I need to live in that place of love each day. Knowing I'm loved by him, ultimately...no matter what, that changes everything.
It's cold here..oh so cold....no fires are burning yet, I am wearing lots of clothes, hats and socks. We layered down winter rugs and have taken out the winter boots. Living in the foothills means we experience a myriad of elements in their force. When it rains, it's heavy and intense. When the sun shines it bears down on us with relentless heat. The ice and snow bring their own adventures.
My yarn piles are starting to dwindle as I work on projects, keeping my fingers busy, my mind at rest from my workplace. I continue to finish the blanket project started 2 years ago!!! A few neautral coasters and dish rags and this years "couple project". I normally rope my husband into some sort of creative project this time of year. He generally kicks and screams over this, but ends up enjoying it a lot and seems awed by the final outcome.
One year we wrote an awful song together, it was a parody and meant to be awful. One year we made a winter garland. This year it's all about pom poms! I've decided we are going to make a small pom pom rug for out cold feet. It can sit right here by the computer as we spend so much time on this thing. The best part about it (for me) is how easy it is to divide up into smaller parts. Hand pom poms are so simple to make...and fun! Attaching it all together on a rug pad will be interesting. I've already made about 20 medium sized pom poms today.
It's so fun doing these crazy art projects together. They tend to turn out really nice!
This sweater weather is such a reflective time. Each day I'm being reminded of Gods love for me. My identity is in him, that he loves me. It's sort of the warm comforting feeling that you get from a warm drink on a cold day or getting toasty by a fire, wrapped in blankets. The knowledge of Gods love is all encompassing. I know I need to live in that place of love each day. Knowing I'm loved by him, ultimately...no matter what, that changes everything.
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)