Baking Breakfast

I was asked to organize a work breakfast this week.  Not my favorite thing to do or anything I'm much good at.  Thankfully several people wanted to be involved in the process, so I delegated, but decided to bring some good old farmers market berries and yoghurt.  I tacked on cinnamon rolls next to my name, afterwards realizing I'll need to make them gluten free!

I used this recipe and although it all looks very delicious now baked and ready to roll out tomorrow at 4am, I've not actually tasted it!  I know, hopefully it tastes ok!  it's times like this you want good friends around and God to step in and take away any anxiety (that accompanies doing something you don't feel very good at).  I feel pretty confident in most situations, anything food related though I'm not so confident! 

My buddy from work came over with her cute baby and kind husband, we watched Brazil get annihilated by Germany in the World Cup Semi-finals!  Yikes, an awful match to watch.  Anyhow, I got a lot of encouragement and strength from having friends over and then my mom Skype me - yeah for Mom!  Nothing like Mom to cheer you up and give you that little boost you need to get through what seems like a hard task...both baking and waking up early....I know I'm a sad person that these two things are more intimidating to me than say problem solving some complicated math or public speaking.  Well, these two things are hard for me.  I'm so sleepy right now, cooking took all and every ounce of concentration I could muster! One can't daydream and cook - things tend to burn!!

Another guy dropped by to watch the soccer, it was cool, but you know how some people just say somethings in a way that gets right under your skin, well he has that talent.  So I'm exhausted from him too. 

Gluten free flour is so expensive!  I'm not very clued up on how to blend the different kinds of flour to achieve the right consistency for 'all purpose baking', I'm sure that it would be cheaper to make my own blends!  I should Google it right!

I'm gearing up to put together a music curriculum and maybe start doing some beginner piano/violin  lessons on the side.  I need to organize this!  It could be a lot of fun.

Working on a  new book idea, yep a new idea whilst I need to complete a few other writing projects!  I'm really excited at this new project idea though, it has grabbed my attention which feels good for my mind and my soul.  I need to do a LOT of research on this one, it's not from my past, it's not from anything I know personally, it's pure fiction, unrelated to my self in many ways, although I'm sure my voice will come through.  I feel excited that my brain keep ploughing out legitimate ideas.  If I can focus and finish I'll have a few scripts under my belt to present to publishers!!  Varied and different.
I've finished 2 paintings so far this year and they are both hanging!  I feel really proud of myself for completing these, they look really great to.

Well, to bed I go and prepare for my early early start!


Comments

Popular Posts