The slim down
I'm loosing weight! Yeah! Two years of practically being housebound was starting to show on my American life body...oh how I missed those strolls down the high street and the general fat burning daily life exercise which is life in Europe. My job now three weeks in I'm already loosing the excess and feeling great. My face, my skin, my clothes fit me again!!! I'm still old and getting older, but it's so nice to be active everyday with a purpose and although so many creative projects are on hold right now, that's ok!
I'm probably eating less now I'm working and I'm definitely drinking way more water. I picked up these cute Blue Ball Mason canning jars the other day. They have measurements on the side (which is super useful as I only have one small measuring jug). I'm using them as drinking glasses mostly and my husband loves them too, they are from a Vintage America range and as we are trying to become more American (wink wink) they are fitting well into our cabin on the hill. I'm not a caner or a super mason jar fan, but these are a beautiful colour and well, that's what sold me!
In terms of cardio exercise I'm being very lazy and need to go running, seriously though I'm nervous I'll have my body dumped in a lake if I go alone, so...until then I need to get myself motivated!!! Maybe later this week when we get the house back from wonderful visiting in-laws. Friends I've watched a sports game or two every night this week now for 5 nights in a row...yes my creative cultural brain cells are dying. I may have to go to the library and find a foreign language film (tee hee).
The only downer from loosing weight is that I'm feeling the cold more, less fat insulating me. Ahh, I even looked slim in two pairs of trousers and three sweaters yesterday. Am I being vain, yes probably, but I've never been a particularly overweight or large person so it's nice to have my normal self back again. Bring on the holiday foods!!!
I'm probably eating less now I'm working and I'm definitely drinking way more water. I picked up these cute Blue Ball Mason canning jars the other day. They have measurements on the side (which is super useful as I only have one small measuring jug). I'm using them as drinking glasses mostly and my husband loves them too, they are from a Vintage America range and as we are trying to become more American (wink wink) they are fitting well into our cabin on the hill. I'm not a caner or a super mason jar fan, but these are a beautiful colour and well, that's what sold me!
In terms of cardio exercise I'm being very lazy and need to go running, seriously though I'm nervous I'll have my body dumped in a lake if I go alone, so...until then I need to get myself motivated!!! Maybe later this week when we get the house back from wonderful visiting in-laws. Friends I've watched a sports game or two every night this week now for 5 nights in a row...yes my creative cultural brain cells are dying. I may have to go to the library and find a foreign language film (tee hee).
The only downer from loosing weight is that I'm feeling the cold more, less fat insulating me. Ahh, I even looked slim in two pairs of trousers and three sweaters yesterday. Am I being vain, yes probably, but I've never been a particularly overweight or large person so it's nice to have my normal self back again. Bring on the holiday foods!!!
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)