The cool down

That chilly mountain air has kicked in.  Today I am trying to heat up the house by baking, lighting candles and letting the sunlight in. I'm like most people these days all about home cooking but I couldn't resist trying the sticky fingers 'Peppermint Choc Chip Scone Mix' on my day off, so after adding water to the premade mixture I'm watching my giant scone rise in the oven.  Yes it sounds quite sickly and seasonal, but this weekend I'm feeding snacks to my husband and father in law who are in and out of the house.  Grabbing food and going places with speed. So I've made some homemade cookies, lots of healthy veg snacks, fruit and pizza.  The scones although will be eaten by the aforesaid mentioned are really for me to taste and let my customers know how they are...sales homework.  By the way they smell like a hundred little candy canes started crying and singing in my kitchen, the dark undertones of chocolate are mingling in with the lighter minty notes.  Hmm...seriously though, the house smells amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts