Pollen
The first week of September is when the ragweed and other weed pollen is propagating. Ragweed is native to N. America and is everywhere. I'm glad I don't live in Texas as the pollen levels this fall are so high. We had medium to high levels and my body responded accordingly. It was a violent and painful reaction.
I've not experienced sinusitis personally until this week. It maybe one of the most painful things I've experienced. I watched my mother suffer with chronic sinus problems and hay fever, but had so far avoided the same.
I have mostly been incapacitated this week apart from those essential voyages that have been endured under doses of pain killers. I could hardly bring myself to look at a computer screen.
My fall allergies turned into a sinus infection and my face felt like it was going to explode. Never having experienced hay fever or sinusitis I wasn't quite sure what was happening to my face. The roof of my mouth kept twitching and my eye sockets would be black and blue by the end of each day.
I've had to postpone all yard work, boo hoo, (not). My pharmacist has sold out of the precious N95 masks that are required in such a densely wooded area. I'll know for next year and plan on buying some well in advance. Apparently combating the allergic reaction with anti-histamines before having a major episode can prevent the reactions from having a greater effect on your system. I hope next year I don't have the same experience. I also have never wished for the first frost so hard in my life! Having pollen, temperature and air pressure levels down will be so wonderful.
I feel sad thinking about our pregnant mothers suffering with sinusitis and struggling through without all the pain killers I've been able to take! I'm also so grateful.
I still have bad headache and feel like I've been shaken upside down a few times, but I think I'm on the mend. I can at least sit and type this out, look at the screen and think semi-coherently. I am also listening to music for the first time and caught myself singing along, so I must be getting better.
I put our organic home grown cucumber slices on my eyes to help with those dark circles and aches. Worked amazingly, sometimes it's the simplest things that work the best. I tried apple cider vinegar, salt water steam, hot showers, face massage, hot flannels on my face, ice packs,eucalyptus, you name it I probably tried it. The cucumber was one of the most calming and pain relieving things I tried.
I also made the mistake of drinking two cups of chamomille tea during the allergy part of this infection and that was bad, chamomile exacerbates pollen allergies..so although a wonderful plant. AVOID!!!
I switched to Echinacea, which gave my body a natural immune boost and drank lots of water. I hope these tips help anyone else who is suffering. You probably won't be reading this or anything if you are!
Blessings & Good Health To You!
I've not experienced sinusitis personally until this week. It maybe one of the most painful things I've experienced. I watched my mother suffer with chronic sinus problems and hay fever, but had so far avoided the same.
I have mostly been incapacitated this week apart from those essential voyages that have been endured under doses of pain killers. I could hardly bring myself to look at a computer screen.
My fall allergies turned into a sinus infection and my face felt like it was going to explode. Never having experienced hay fever or sinusitis I wasn't quite sure what was happening to my face. The roof of my mouth kept twitching and my eye sockets would be black and blue by the end of each day.
I've had to postpone all yard work, boo hoo, (not). My pharmacist has sold out of the precious N95 masks that are required in such a densely wooded area. I'll know for next year and plan on buying some well in advance. Apparently combating the allergic reaction with anti-histamines before having a major episode can prevent the reactions from having a greater effect on your system. I hope next year I don't have the same experience. I also have never wished for the first frost so hard in my life! Having pollen, temperature and air pressure levels down will be so wonderful.
I feel sad thinking about our pregnant mothers suffering with sinusitis and struggling through without all the pain killers I've been able to take! I'm also so grateful.
I still have bad headache and feel like I've been shaken upside down a few times, but I think I'm on the mend. I can at least sit and type this out, look at the screen and think semi-coherently. I am also listening to music for the first time and caught myself singing along, so I must be getting better.
I put our organic home grown cucumber slices on my eyes to help with those dark circles and aches. Worked amazingly, sometimes it's the simplest things that work the best. I tried apple cider vinegar, salt water steam, hot showers, face massage, hot flannels on my face, ice packs,eucalyptus, you name it I probably tried it. The cucumber was one of the most calming and pain relieving things I tried.
I also made the mistake of drinking two cups of chamomille tea during the allergy part of this infection and that was bad, chamomile exacerbates pollen allergies..so although a wonderful plant. AVOID!!!
I switched to Echinacea, which gave my body a natural immune boost and drank lots of water. I hope these tips help anyone else who is suffering. You probably won't be reading this or anything if you are!
Blessings & Good Health To You!
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)