Organized

We have been getting organized, one of my favorite things, well my husbands office still looks atrocious, but my kitchen/office space is gleaming and my desk is sparkling.  The new menu board is up and our family planner (both glass frames I can write on with dry-wipe pens) is glimmering.

Why all this organizing, well, a new job means I'm not home doing all those house chores I normally do. I'm having to delegate a few and like last week wake up at 4am to hoover the house.  I'm not sure my house will stay clean unless I clean it, so I'm still retaining the majority of chores.  My husbands chores are also more labor intensive ( like climbing up on the roof), so I'm happy to retain my house chores.  I'm also lucky to have a husband who enjoys the kitchen and food prep!

One of the biggest changes as the winter encroaches is out hot drinks station.  I moved it from it's previous location to a more compact but user friendly place.  All our mugs and drinks can be accessed from that one spot.  It's so refreshing.  Now all my essential life tools ( my phone charging area, the place I keep my sunglasses etc...) is in a much better location.  Easy access at night and during the day.  I know moving things can be stressful for other household members, but generally in our house it's an improvement in efficiency and aesthetics.

Is it sad that I'm blogging about this?  Yes, I know it is.  I also know there are people way more organized than me and I love and envy you.  I'm trying to get into better daily habits of keeping things tidy and organized.  It's a challenge as I'm a daydreamer!  I'm a writer, I like to have pieces of paper and writing utensils handy, I love my art projects and tools to be accessible.I am however hoping to have more people over to our home this fall, so getting organized is important.  Our entry hall is the area I'm most concerned about.  Shoes!  Where to store all the shoes?  Hmm.. Utility room overhaul?

The shoes live in a jumble under the entry table ( which is a good solid table), that I don't really like.  anyhow, I'm gathering ideas to make it more me without covering everything with fabric ( dust mite heaven). The kitchen also needs some furniture removal, but where too?  It's difficult knowing where to move things and store things when they are semi-useful!

Anyhow, I'm still excited about my new job and I'm hoping I can learn everything quickly and be confident using new tools and machines!!  I guess all this nervous energy needs an outlet.  Well, time for a pizza party and church tonight.  It's been ages since I've been to the evening service and I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular Posts