Writing
I had this feeling that sewing something complicated would be the laxative for my writing block. Today has been great. I was motivated enough to familiarize myself with a text I've been working on and it's been great. There is still so much more to do, but it's moving and not still which is good.
I feel extremely happy about this as although I have some tricky dialogue to insert (I find it so much easier to write one time in my flow, than to edit and insert). I am learning to be a better writer, to use varied methods and to challenge myself to complete a large undertaking BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.
Yesterday my husband was almost knocked down by a distracted driver. He is unscathed yet I wondered about how our lives would be changed if he had been knocked down. We rely so much on our heath and physical strength to sustain us, when a child is born with disabilities or a person grows weary with age we look on with pity. Do we realize that it is the Lord who gives sight to us all. He is ultimately our provider, he is our source and in him we are to put our trust. Not in our own strength or abilities, which may be turned off at any point.
Today I am grateful, thankful for both this present time and the education I received that is enabling me to write from home full time. I realize this is perhaps a dream of many people, either to be able to condense their ideas into a literary format or to just have the time to work on ideas already imagined. Both my husband and myself have been extremely fortunate, last year he was paid to write and this year I am supported to write. If we cannot make something good from this, then either we lack any talent, or the Lord sees fit that we do not take our writings further.
In life we weigh up those pros and cons of decisions, we pray, some of us, we research and we decide. Sometimes we second guess ourselves and question our ability to judge what is best for ourselves and our families. There can be discord between spouses pulling in different directions. How much more would we benefit from taking every little thing to the Lord in prayer. What peace would be found in the answers delivered to us. As we prayed this morning such peace overtook me, joy and contentment that I am in his hands. My works of art are in his hands for his glory. My husband, his health and job and life are in his hands.
I feel extremely happy about this as although I have some tricky dialogue to insert (I find it so much easier to write one time in my flow, than to edit and insert). I am learning to be a better writer, to use varied methods and to challenge myself to complete a large undertaking BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.
Yesterday my husband was almost knocked down by a distracted driver. He is unscathed yet I wondered about how our lives would be changed if he had been knocked down. We rely so much on our heath and physical strength to sustain us, when a child is born with disabilities or a person grows weary with age we look on with pity. Do we realize that it is the Lord who gives sight to us all. He is ultimately our provider, he is our source and in him we are to put our trust. Not in our own strength or abilities, which may be turned off at any point.
Today I am grateful, thankful for both this present time and the education I received that is enabling me to write from home full time. I realize this is perhaps a dream of many people, either to be able to condense their ideas into a literary format or to just have the time to work on ideas already imagined. Both my husband and myself have been extremely fortunate, last year he was paid to write and this year I am supported to write. If we cannot make something good from this, then either we lack any talent, or the Lord sees fit that we do not take our writings further.
In life we weigh up those pros and cons of decisions, we pray, some of us, we research and we decide. Sometimes we second guess ourselves and question our ability to judge what is best for ourselves and our families. There can be discord between spouses pulling in different directions. How much more would we benefit from taking every little thing to the Lord in prayer. What peace would be found in the answers delivered to us. As we prayed this morning such peace overtook me, joy and contentment that I am in his hands. My works of art are in his hands for his glory. My husband, his health and job and life are in his hands.
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)