The small things

I'll be honest I was a little nervous about spending a month of quality time with my inlaws, hey I'm sure they felt the same way too.

Its been going really well, it's like they arrived just in time before I went bonkers from having no social interaction. Between work schedules and flakey friends, who always promise a hang out but never deliver (the curse of our generation).  I was starting to feel like I wasn't really connecting with people.  It feels good to have my extroverted inlaws around.  They are not gonna hang me out to dry or leave me to do all the chasing, they have included me and given me space.  Set their own boundaries and allowed me to set mine, for the most part.

A week in, am I writing too soon, maybe, but whatever this is, its needed, its healthy.  It's what family is for.  I know they really care about me and there is nothing fake or opportunistic in their interactions with me.  What a relief. 

I also may have found a new perfect boss.  Time will tell, but there are things a cookin' dear reader.

Its been a really busy day, but driving around and having my.mother in law telling everyone she meets what a great person I am has been a real confidence boost.  I am so thankful.  I know I'm blessed beyond measure with the family God has gifted to me, both my own and my husbands. 

Learning to live with the imperfections and personalities is part of life....the imperfections are mostly mine....I'm learning to live with those too!!

Definately need to read a Sherlock  Holmes mystery tommorow...ideas ideas.

Comments

Popular Posts