Sew Long Toy Factory.

the bunny, the fox and a ribbon blankie
hugo the bear
wila whale
hector rabbit
the three wise hot gnomes
Although I decided not to sell my children's toys online this year, here are just a handful of some of the toys I did make and gift away. The whale pattern I found online, a cute reuse of denim scraps! It's fun making things for kids, they are so appreciative of something made with love...well, lets hope they are!  All these toys were made for the most part with recycled fabric scraps.

bridget
In the past I've made hooded capes, knitted blankets and little bags, however it is very time consuming and requires a decent amount of supplies.  I'm not sure I'd be able to create enough stock to warrant a shop or if anyone would want to spend the $20-30 it would cost to buy and have an item shipped.  Yes,that factors in materials, labor and shipping.  Bridget here was the very first doll I made for the daughter of an Australian friend of mine, they are both such sweet ladies Bridget was born in the desire to gift them with something special. The gnomes are heat up pocket hand warmers made for my English niece and nephew, who get some frosty mornings in the winter term at school. Hugo went to a cousin near San Fran, he was one of my favorites.  Why do we love bears so much?  Have you ever seen one without it's fur!  Quite scary.

I'm sure many of you wonder what it would be like to have time and resources to create (I'm sure much better products than mine). I have lots of time and unfortunately not the resources to turn my sewing hobby into a small business.  Living a decent distance from the nearest Post Office also renders me a little useless when it comes to the logistics of business operation.  I do however still enjoy sewing and I'm not sure if I became a production line I still would enjoy it, or at least I'd need to be part of a team.  Even as the highly trained introvert that I am I do like working with others.  Especially creative others...I learn so much and because I'm not a perfectionist, my creative friends around me can relax knowing their product is way more perfected than mine!!

Comments

Popular Posts