Retrieved
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3
Today I retrieved my manuscripts, nothing could have made me happier, than to see my hard work retrieved!
I will not make the mistake of continuing to use the computer exclusively. My pencil and paper will be the method.
Yesterday I had a wonderful day. I left the house early to run errands, buy groceries and a pair of jeans. Many women will understand how difficult buying jeans can be. Either our hips are too narrow or too big, the cut leaves you with excess fabric or not enough. There is a trick to finding a good fitting pair in a style that flatters.
My favourite jeans used to come from a Spanish store, my next favourite from Italy, a gift from my husband (who also takes full credit for retrieving my scripts). My Italian jeans are so nice they don't make me feel like I'm in jeans, sorry America I don't really like denim that much. Anyhow its a necessary uniform here so I set out to find something that would work for me.
I did find a decent pair, they are not perfect as the colour, stitching and style are very blah, but they do fit well and they had different lengths. One size doesn't fit all.
If I felt intimate enough with you reader I would give you my measurements and you'd gawk with the impossibilities of fitting my unusual frame and build. However it's not my body that frustrates me, I unlike many women fully like my body and feel very comfortable in it.It's the lack of options, clothing sizes opportunities to alter or tailor clothes at high street prices that frustrates me.
A good tailor is a dying breed that we should resuscitate with gusto.
My new jeans aren't perfect but they are complimentary which is good enough for where I live right now. Milan or Paris may throw me to the curb, but I think ill get by here.
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)