Outdoor Life

I was reading the little red house blog and came across this blog post.  I thought it was a really good, well put together post regarding outdoor life.  I agree with most of her observations/rules, mostly for those tourist destinations state or national trails.

We don't really live in a tourist destination and our land is immense, untamed, filled with wildlife that mingles in our front yard without care for us humans.  They sort of live with and around us, sometimes interacting and sometimes not.  Cutting trails is part of life here as nature grows with such ferocity and intent.  There are no designated trails in much of this expanse.  for places where there are I agree, keep the trail...it is for everyone's use  (don't erode or destroy it).

Her whole section on poop made me laugh!  It is so nasty when people generally litter and human/dog excrement is so groce and easily avoided if you head out prepared!!

Prepare is my addition to this great blog post, prepare for the unexpected and make a survival kit...here is part of mine below.  I add things to it when I can.  It's small and compact for carrying around.  Even if you are doing something routine or that is heavily populated, be prepared for anything.  The elements and the terrain can throw up the unexpected.

Comments

Popular Posts