Waking thoughts
Do you remember my New Years Resolutions? Well, one of them was to get involved with a local anti-trafficking organisation. Tonight is the first meeting ( for me) to attend and I think my husband is also going to try and come - his work schedule is very limiting (although we are grateful for all the work he has been provided).
I'm a little bit nervous, I'm quite an introvert, so all this 6 months of meets and greets and really not knowing anyone can make you nervous for another one of those occasions. I am also really interested to hear about things that are happening locally, both probems, initiatives, our role in it all.
After applying for a post with International Justice Mission a few months back and spending hours on my 'statement of faith' I was dissapointed not to be chosen to be a book researcher for their upcoming publication. I have a lot of respect and admiration for their organisation - hence the rejection hit hard, but I learnt a lot from the whole application process and although I wasn't given any specifics on why I wasn't chosen for the position, it could have a lot to do with working remotely, they are based on the East Coast and I live on the West Coast.
Some of the reasons I wanted to be involved in the book research aspect of their work, was because I'm trying to get my foot int he door of a new field..from educator to writer? Who knows if I can do this and if it will change anything in the world.
Getting involved with this local anti-trafficking group is more about service. It's not about me getting my foot in any doors, it's about being available to serve somehow. It's a good place to start and in the meantime I can work on my ideas in Cubicle 67.
I'd like to write an album as amazing as Radiohead: the bends?
I'd like to create a picture book for a wildlife organisation?
And today I woke up with a bizzare idea for a knitted cuboid ring holder????
By the way have you all seen these neat knitted pouf/ottoman things
....I totally want to make one of these!
I'm a little bit nervous, I'm quite an introvert, so all this 6 months of meets and greets and really not knowing anyone can make you nervous for another one of those occasions. I am also really interested to hear about things that are happening locally, both probems, initiatives, our role in it all.
After applying for a post with International Justice Mission a few months back and spending hours on my 'statement of faith' I was dissapointed not to be chosen to be a book researcher for their upcoming publication. I have a lot of respect and admiration for their organisation - hence the rejection hit hard, but I learnt a lot from the whole application process and although I wasn't given any specifics on why I wasn't chosen for the position, it could have a lot to do with working remotely, they are based on the East Coast and I live on the West Coast.
Some of the reasons I wanted to be involved in the book research aspect of their work, was because I'm trying to get my foot int he door of a new field..from educator to writer? Who knows if I can do this and if it will change anything in the world.
Getting involved with this local anti-trafficking group is more about service. It's not about me getting my foot in any doors, it's about being available to serve somehow. It's a good place to start and in the meantime I can work on my ideas in Cubicle 67.
I'd like to write an album as amazing as Radiohead: the bends?
I'd like to create a picture book for a wildlife organisation?
And today I woke up with a bizzare idea for a knitted cuboid ring holder????
By the way have you all seen these neat knitted pouf/ottoman things
....I totally want to make one of these!

Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)