What am I thankful for in 2011?
Time spent with my parents. For my parents being really wonderful parents right now.
Time spent with my sisters, their children. Knowing we have fun days ahead of us.
Seeing my brother again before I left for America (he moved to Australia this year).
Going swimming and surfing in Bournemouth, sunny weather and vibrant atmosphere.
Our Third Anniversary Dinner: an expensive and delicious treat and showing my husband the first theatre I worked in!
Going to see Rue Royale with coffeebeings - a fun night out with two great friends (being grown up friends that go out to eat together ha ha), watching our other friends rock out.
Working in a really good school (the kids got an outdoor education here - how to grow, care for and use plants)!
Meeting Liz, Lesley and John, GREAT teachers, colleages and very fun people.
Volunteering with YWAM for a few weeks of our summer, meeting new people (fabulous Fabio), working on the maintenance crew, getting to know old faces better.
For Seth a fellow mountaineer - who also spent his 21st year experiencing Mnt Snowdon, for shared stories, discussions, vegetarianisms and skateboarding!
For the J family - a beautiful family we are so lucky to have in our lives. Deeply grateful for their wisdom and kind friendship.
Getting to hike the Malvern Hills with my husband and for my old room mate and I to meet each others husbands and have a long awaited catch up!
The Royal Wedding! I♥Will&Kate! I♥Will&Kate!
A trip to the Gower Peninsula, a nice hotel, an ancient church and the Ashley's preparing for a camp out! Love it!
Safe travel to the US, speedy processing of immigration and the wonderful days when I made the government officials smile with our love story (there is still beauty and hope to be found).
Thanksgiving with our US family and their famous friends! Yeah it was a hoot!
The day K & S got married (they've been separated for 1.5 years and struggling to make it). Hallelujah! A very happy day.
Seeing God's manifest glory in the form of a cloud of gold, it moved above us as we worshipped and gave offerings to the poor - yeah, I saw it for the first time?! Knowing that there is a God who is bigger than me and all of the circumstances we face. Loving that God can't be put in a human box and is still as mysterious as ever! Funnily enough that night we needed a friend and God brought us an old friend back into our lives that very night, someone we met the first day of being married!!?? Yeah sounds weird to you - was weirder for us experiencing it all!!
Skype - communications friend. How I love you dear skype.
For funny emails with my brother in OZ, celebrating the NY before us all, loving our relationship and that he's coming to see me in 2012! Whoop Whoop!
The totally lush hotel my father in-law booked us into, on the San Francisco Aiport Waterfront. So restful after hours and hours of travelling!!
For my husbands brother who drove a long way to come and see us.
For all the nice parcels friends and family have sent our brought to us. We are so thankful. Everyone of you shares a little in this home making.
Having our very own place for the first time in 21 months - no shared kitchen, bathroom or living area, no retreating to a small bedroom. I have total access to the kitchen! We can organise belongings as we like and do things to our preference...wow...
For the people who make great TV shows like Northern Exposure, Due South, Terra Nova etc etc etc...
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)