It's Laundry Day!

I love laundry day.  A remarkably easy task, compared to chopping vegetables when you are a one handed bandit.  I decided to do half my usual load today and the other half tomorow, so I don't have any more accidents on the way to the launderette.  It's so sunny and warm outside I'm going to go and sit and finish off one of my books Martha Inc.  I saw it in the library and couldn't resist.  Coming from England I knew very little about this American buisness woman - all I can say is 'facinating'!  She was a model, Polish by decent and was born into a male dominated buisness era in the USA just ahead of the baby boomers, a transitional person that glues what was to what is.  I'm starting to understand why all the Americans I talk to have a strong opinion on Martha...one way or another she's been in everyones face for a few decades!

Today I am so grateful I made @home granola a few weeks ago...it's still nourishing the two of us and is an easy one handed breakfast!  I am grateful for my husbands patience last night, after a long day at work to chop up all our carrots into tiny slivers for an asian dish I had planned on making.  For the asian store we found that sells food we like!!!!  It feels so good getting a good dose of vegetables and brown rice at least once a week.

I've really been struggling a lot this last few months with dry skin, I have been drinking a lot more water, wearing sunglasses ALL the time (even when I'm on the computer) and basically figuring out how to protect my skin in a natural way...I have VERY sensitive skin and a few food intolerances.  This week it really came to a head and being one handed made my days very frustrating.  I cut caffeine completely out of my diet (I only drank a small cup in the morning anyway), cut down on the sweets (that was hard), drank double the amount of water I normally do and didn't have any cheap table wine for my heart before bed.  Nothing seemed to help, my linens I wash regularly and I hoover everyday ( because I'm home without kids - don't feel bad reading this)!  I've been taking anti-histamines on and off all week to no avail of my symptoms.  Last night we turned a corner...we invested in about 3 new products we hadn't tried to see if they would alleviate some of my symptoms.  So far so good, I woke up feeling less irritated and hopeful that my skin was going to be normal today.

For anyone suffering from facial eczema I would try Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream $9 at Walgreens $7.99 at Target.  I applied this straight to my eyelid carefully and it feels great no itch, it is an oatmeal based cream.  Another product I tried with a really long name was Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Chamomile and Argon Oil Baby Head-to -Toe Shampoo and Wash, this smelt great, was gentle, my husband has to use all these new products aswell as I can't be around any allergens, so it's musky enough for him and not fruity in anyway!!!  I didn't get any deals by the way and ended up at the most expensive store (because I knew no better)..I picked up a Burts Bees honey lipbam and contacted my local nutrition store to purchase some Manuka Honey (this stuff is great, I'd take a spoon every night after teaching 30 kids all day and it saved my voice)!!!

Here are some of the products I might explore/buy online if not stocked locally:
Dr. Bronners Baby Mild Soap
Dr. Haushka's Rose Day Cream
Medihoney Barrier Cream

I hope this helps anyone suffering with the same things or if you have kids with Eczema...obviously what works for me may not work for you.  Obviously the things you use everyday you don't want to be super expensive, I've heard really good things about Dr. Bronners from my friend (the liquid can be diluted for lots of uses, laundry to dishes).  

Comments

Popular Posts