Thankful for Cubicle 67

This post was originally titled Cubicle 67, until I had to re-write and re-post it.

It's been a manic week.  Tomorrow in England is my best friend Erin's birthday.  She's 5 months older than me and a million times wiser, smarter and excellent in every way.  Really, she has taught me, the long slow teach, of being thankful, how to be a housewife and one day mother.  She has taught me that it's good to do things well, to love the poor, to feed anyone who is hungry, to care more about people than things.  She has taught me a myriad of recipe's and about hospitality of the masses that values the individual.  I'm copying her thankful post today.

This week we do have a lot to thank the Lord for;  my husband has been offered several jobs, our motorbike was attempted stolen, but wasn't stolen and we are getting assistance with it's repair.  Our apartment is warm and cosy as the cold weather approaches.  I am thankful for the hot water bottle I found and for the hot tub only a short chilly walk away. For the door locks on our car that work really well after some $2 lubricant spray.  We are thankful for our friend who is in town, for new friends being made and for rye bread!!!  I love rye bread.

The things that seem harder at times to be thankful for, but I am thankful for, are being in America (away from my friends and family).  For slowly learning to drive (not being able to drive means I'm home alone a lot in Cubicle 67).

Cubicle 67 is my world, it is my work of art, my labour of love.  Cooking, cleaning and creating...CREATING!  Yes...my sad cubicle is what makes me most thankful.  It is the cubicle of creation I've been longing for for years.  I sew, draw, cook, sew, knit, make things...today's project has been in my mind for a few days.  The long hunt for a coffee mug - I decided to buy a cheap stone mug or two and create my own foxy design.  Thanks again to Erin for having cups for all of her flock!

Here's how it happened:
1. I got my ceramic/glass ready, clean and dry.

 2.  After laying down an old cereal box to protect our heirloom table, I put on my Will & Kate apron..really helps the creative process and got out my slightly expensive oil based SHARPIE!

3. Using a regular pencil I drew the design onto my ceramic, if drawing on glass you may want to use a water based fibre pen or sewing chalk.

4. Using the steadiest hand I had, I drew freehand onto my ceramic (you could create a stencil and tape to your item).  Hmm...I might try stencilling the glass bottle next!!  'Little Red' showed up, with the silver pen great on the yellow ceramic, a little more subtle on the blue.
That 'Little Silver Fox' is a sly one!

Comments

Popular Posts