A suprise gift from God

'I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant; there faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blesssed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord all you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord os close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.'

- Psalm 34
 Yesterday we got up earlier than we normally do to get to the first service at church, the sermon was great, all about hearing Gods voice and so well explained; having a relationship with God seeking him is actually the most natural thing in our 'new nature'. 

After church we had some major miscommunication on the drive home (via the grocery store as we are still gathering some essential pantry items), I got to talk to my mom on skype, yeah!  Didn't realise how much I needed to talk to someone I know and who knows me!  My husband watched a football game, got offered drugs by a large gang of boys at our neighbours. After a bit more hashing things out we decided to go back to church in the evening.  He was a little reluctant, but I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the day unless I got to be in a place of worshippers and Jesus lovers.

We were both so glad we went.  The room wasn't that full, we got to spread out and had room to worship.  For me this time of worship was really powerful, the again realisation of the power and love of God, that he sent his precious son to die for us and what that means for us....for liberty and communion with God.  That the gospel is poweful, Jesus death and ressurection is powerful - the hope of the nations.

The night before I'd been in and out of sleep half dreaming, half thinking about slaves, people held against there will.  People captive who need an advocate and rescuer.  It was such an unusual dream, I've had some thing similar only occassionaly before, but this time it was like I couldn't shake it off. 

During the following evening worship time the worship leaders were singing about justice and the nations and I felt like the pit of my stomach lurching.  Like inside of me is burning to see justice for the people of the nations, for those whose very lives and humanity has been stolen.   The pastor went on to take an offering for an orphanage and told us a rescue story of some girls who had been trafficked.  I believe it is the Lords heart for us to fight on the behalf of these orphans and those enslaved.  I don't know how, yet.

As we went up to give into the orphans offering a cloud appeared in the corner of the room.  It is often called gold dust or a glory cloud.  The church doesn't use smoke machines or anything like that, it was purely Gods manifest presence in the room.  I've not seen that before  (although I've experienced other unexplainable things).  Although we were excited and happy nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.   The congregation was asked to be seated and if there were spare seats next to us we were to hold up our hand for others coming into the room.  My husband held up his hand.  Two young women approached - then I recognised one of them.  She came and sat next to us.

The woman I recognised was from our past. She had moved into the same building as us, three years ago, the night we were married in New Zealand.  Yep...weird huh....she was at the start of our time in NZ interceeding and praying (as she does) and now 3 days into being in a new city she is here, has been here a month.  We had not kept in contact over the last 3 years, we didn't know about one another, if we would see one another etc...

Not only did we get to see Gods manifest glory as we all gave into helping the poor and worshipping him, but he gave me the gift of a friend.  Someone who has lived with us, someone who is part of our New Zealand family.  Someone who was there at the begining of our marriage and now here at the beginning of our new life together here in the US.

Needless to say we were overwheled, happy, amazed!  We were both feeling so exhausted and overwhlemed by all the moving we've been doing for the last few years.  For God to give us a friend, a person we know, a person who knows us as a married couple is the most amazing gift from him. 

This morning we awoke with fresh strength, purpose of mind.  We are not alone.  God has 'promoted' us  (moved us forward - not upwards), we have transitioned we are here for His purposes and we have a friend who has been with us in past 'birthing' times.  I have such a strong sense of Gods love and purpose for me through the experiences of last night.

I wanted to share this to encourage anyone reading this, that the Lord hears our cries and he loves us.


Comments

Popular Posts