Radioactive Bonfire Party
So we couldn't find any fireworks for my very English 5th November night. Traditionally back home it is a night with an outdoor bonfire, hot dogs with onions and fireworks. Some like to dress up a 'Guy Fawkes' doll and throw him on the pyre to burn. A little homesick and dismayed at the lack of enthusiasm for my home culture day from my in-laws my husband went out and bought some glow sticks. The resulting pictures are just a few of about. I never knew glow sticks could be so much fun. We are very lucky to have a nice fireplace so we ate fudge smores (marshmallows roasted on a fire sandwiched between two chocolaty biscuits)....yum...although this 'holiday' is meant to be in remembrance of The Houses of Parliament not being blown up, it does in fact become a reason to have your friends over, set off fireworks, have a fire...or go out and see someone else almost blow their hands off.
I would highly recommend the glow sticks to those faint of heart when it comes to fireworks..or have scared pets! Although I've had an increasing desire to scare our pet...especially when he sits obnoxiously on my soft top car leaving a pile of ginger hair behind him. Beware...I have a feeling that these sticks maybe radioactive!
I would highly recommend the glow sticks to those faint of heart when it comes to fireworks..or have scared pets! Although I've had an increasing desire to scare our pet...especially when he sits obnoxiously on my soft top car leaving a pile of ginger hair behind him. Beware...I have a feeling that these sticks maybe radioactive!


Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)