A new home

I have so many thoughts about being in my new home.  It's difficult to know where to start:

1. Relief - the 31st full house move of my relatively young life is now over!  Last summer we sat on the banks of the river we rode our bikes to today...we now live by that river and 'it's a TRIP!' 
2. Anxiety - I don't know anyone here, how to do anything or where anything is!  Its like being asked to swim the channel and thinking, 'well, I know how to swim but....'
3.Peace - Our windows overlook green grass, a hedge, a few birds and berry bushes and trees I have yet to identify. The weather is unbelievably gorgeous for November.  Warm days and cold nights.
4.Great Joy - I love being on a  new happy adventure with my husband.  It's amazing how little stress we have between us, having lived with others for so much of our marriage it's just bliss...just the two of us!  Finding our feet together in a new town. Equal.  We can both shine, we can strengthen one another and the true essence of who we are can be expressed.
5. Curious - I'm curious to see where this road, this new life will lead.  I guess a snapshot into the future could be fun....this is such a bustling place, full of young people, full of life.

Some of the things I've been enjoying in my new world:
1. A couple of decently written TV shows, one a Sci-fi and the other more of a comedy drama.
2. Setting up my home!  Nesting or whatever it is called. Cleaning my kitchen, attempting to cook (I'm not that great) and generally trying to make my husbands bachelor items blend with my girly items!
3. Biking the trails and yes shopping..discovering the wonderful world of 'hassle free' returns!  

Some of the things that are not as enjoyable but are what they are:

1. The late night door knock from the cable guy - bad timing and he taking ages just chatting about nothing??!!!
2. Never ending messages and calls from my in-laws...give me just one week off please!  Oh the joys of married life!
3. Not being able to see my own family or call due to the time difference.
3. How negative people are about there home town...so what there are lots of meth heads here, so what there is a recession!  There are druggies everywhere, cut backs everywhere - these people live in one of the most beautiful places in the whole world and yet are not happy!  

I am looking forward to church tomorrow.. the right perspective, the worldview that brings life and doesn't suck it dry.  Making new friends, worshipping and breathing in the life of the Spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts