Set A Fire Inspiration
I was having some trouble since my recent move, with my posterous weblog platform. Fortunately, gmail blogger I was familiar with, I have several blogs I follow, wth cute buttons etc.. so I decided to create a new weblog. I'm unsure if I can link the past to the present, but as that is both a physical and literal uncertainty, not just a blogging conundrum I am happy to start afresh and see what happens.
What is in a new name?
Yesterday I received the news we have been waiting for that cements me to the land for many years to come. Today I started the first day of a new life free from certain travel cares and I am able to embrace sinking into the soil, buying a couch, doing normal everyday things.
The book of Ecclesiastes, Chapter Three talks about being content where you are, enjoying life, enjoying the day set before you. Enjoying life, enjoying work, eating and drinking.
I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
The song that came back to my heart this morning as I was awaking, my first new day in my own "Terra Nova" was Set A Fire, written by Will Reagan & United Pursuit Band. The words sum up my heart, my desire for the years to come, my response to Gods goodness and his leading me to this new land, closer to His heart for me and for others.
There’s no place I would rather beno place I would rather beThan here in your love.So set a fire down in my soulThat I can’t contain, that I can’t control'Cause I want more of you GodI want more of you God.
I suppose this is part of the transition from new begginings, learning to live outside of the walls to having God set our hearts on fire... an uncontrolled wild fire.