Road Trip
So I have exciting news (in my world)!! I get to take a roadtrip south with a girlfriend of mine. Well the truth is, we are dropping off our DTS leader(from 2007) who is flying back to New Zealand. So I guess it's three of us on the way down and two of us on the way back. I don't get to drive...yet, but it'll still be fun heading south to the city. Truly, I'm a city girl who is now trapped in a forest of pine trees...yes I love Christmas but I had no idea I'd be in Santas Grotto this long :O)
Only kidding. We are very fortunate to have sunny blue skies, cooler air but no snow like the East Coasters! My poor friends over there...I need to get knitting!!
I am excited for my trip and hope I get to take a camera/phone to snap some pics of the journey...well, if you come to visit, this will be your route too so you may see it anyhow. Guess what there is an IKEA there! I don't think we will be going there, but I get to see the Swedish colours and very sadly wave at the building!
This probably seems a bit sad, how excited I am to go travelling some where...I'm not sure how well I'm gonna do settling down in one place for a long time. It's not been something I've done in forever, especially doing all the YWAM stuff, so I'm super grateful for my friends travelling and I get to be a little part of it!!
We move house very soon, our 4 suitcases, a dirtbike, one chair and a VHS player....we have so much stuff I keep thinking...we've lived out of one suitcase each for so long! New Zealand things are so expensive so I'm going to get my friend some treats like shampoo and stationary! Fortunately here in the US things aren't so expensive as there, but not much is fairly traded and you have to look hard to find things made in the USA. So the anti-slavery consumer hunt begins!
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)