Swallowing My Pride

Sometimes you don't realize you have it until you have to swallow it.  Damn.  Even that little bit that was lingering there seems to have found it's way to the surface this week.  Thank God I have a mother who helps me process myself.  Thanks Mom!

Being from a successful family and generally being a successful person means I have some high standards for myself (in really specific areas of my life), those of you who know me well - food isn't one of those areas....I east cold beans, corn and custard out of cans.

Don't worry I don't have those high expectations for others by the way...I'm really happy for you to be your own hot mess over there.

Sometimes even my standards for myself are too high and sometimes they are not..either way....I'm sure it runs in the family and I need to swallow my pride and suck up this thing called life.

I feel like I'm meant to climb mountains and I have a million foothills to cover before I reach the right one, however all in all I want to celebrate other peoples success, that is really important to me as a person..it's one of my high standards for myself, that I celebrate others successes...so there are at least 2 people who I am celebrating this week...I'm kicking myself int he shins and banging my head on a  table, but I'm celebrating them.

Comments

Popular Posts