HRH
I received three pieces of mail, all from the offices of HRH....cool huh, well, two were tax letters....apologies. Thank you very much.
The other from the Duke &Duchess of Cambridge. Nothing too personal, a printed postcard with their picture and thanks accompanied by Prince George's birth details. It was a nice surprise to have Buckingham Palace send me mail and to have the Windsor monogrammed envelope make its way through our back woods post office.
It gave me a chuckle to think of all those workers passing around my letter wondering what the blazes was afoot!
My inlaws were less excited by my mail than I'd hoped. My husband manages feigned excitement, but they looked at me blankly. I suppose its all just a reminder I'm an alien. I have such a different history and culture of my own. I don't mean the last 200 or 2000 years, just the last 30 or so.
I never thought in a million years the tax office would make me homesick.
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)