Excercise

So I've been challenged all February to 'get more active', so starting March 1st I have begun getting more cardio into my weekly routines. 

How was I challenged?

Firstly my body, achy muscles, tiredness, light sleeping, fatigue, loss of appetite.

My husband...who thankfully notices when I'm getting slow.

One of our church group leaders challenged us all about keeping our Spirit, Soul and Body in check..ready for whatever.

So I've taken all these warnings seriously!  What am I doing about it?  Well, not one for gyms and isolated excercise for the sake of it prefering competitive team sports and outdoor activities like skiing and climbing, this was a challenge.

Luckily we do have access to a gym that has a couple of machines that enable me to get some cardio in.  There is a cross trainer, a running machine and a cycling machine ( no rowing machine - which I'd  really love).  So considering these are available I'm going to try and use them at least once a week.

Tennis Courts, my husband enjoys playing tennis with me - thankfully as I'm not very good.  So when the weather is good we can go out hopefully once a week.

We have access to a non-heated pool - which I can't go in, but in the summer I plan on using maybe twice a week.  As that is not an option right now, there is a walking/cycling trail that may even be to hot to walk during the summer months.

Apart from those neat options I'm hoping to track down a local climbing wall...and some outdoor climbing areas for the summer months.  I love climbing.  We do have a ski mountain close, but not as much snow as we had hoped and it is not a weekly option for me.

So what am I going to do... at home possibly daily!  Well Tae Bo is one of my fun options...partly cos Billy Blanks is nuts.  The other is the New York City Ballet workout.  I like the stretches and strengthening excercises they do.

There is a yoga class (I'm not into yoga) available to me and some contemporary dance classes, but I have a strong aversion to 'excercising' with others unless it's a team game or activity.  Hopefully I get some cardio in with all these options.  I'm sure a lot of it will be down to me implementing it into my routine and sticking with it!!!

I'm feeling like I'm going to sleep SO well tonight...already!

Comments

  1. Mandie and I had to make up some Pilates classes that we'd missed and I've done a total of three hours this week. After the first two I was fine, but the third wrecked me. Can hardly walk. Love the NYCB workouts... you've inspired me to get them off the shelf and try them out again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Write to me! :O)

Popular Posts