We are dancers..

...and I will lay my love around you.
- Brian Eno
I'm feeling  super happy today so I thought I should write something.  I'm making my best friends potatoe salad recipe..she's amazing...

In a few days our first house guest arrives....exciting!!!

Today I went out to my local (coffee shop) and ordered the most delicious Earl Grey tea (Tazo brand..nice)...there is hope for Earl Grey in the West Coast.

I met up with my new friend, now that in itself was excting, yep meeting up with someone my own age who is normal and lovely and fun, a career person too and fellow alien!  It was extra awesome because we are volunteers for the same 'save the world' thing, so hopefully we'll be studying/training together once in a while too!

I'm so happy that I don't care that our car door wouldn't open this morning or that my skin is as dry as  a prune, or that the local paper is totally and comepletely shitzer...as a British person I hadn't realised what good writing/newspapers I'd been exposed to,I mean...at least take a decent photograph?!    I'm deciding to hunt down a better paper..or start my own newspaper???  I mean come on...who wants to read a report of all the car accidents in the city everyday?? 

There are interesting, wonderful and tragic things happening all over our state, country and world....but we get localised traffic updates.

I say all of this with great joy - that really even I could improve the state of news reporting in the city.  Any housewife and mother blogging today could do a better job!

So I'm happy for lots of reasons today...my husbands imminant job change, our friends whose beautiful baby arrived premature, but beautiful and whole and in health.  I take a lot of joy in celebrating with them this new little life.

I'm happy for February..it's a funny little transition month, a lot of people don't like it, but I do..something about Valentines Day and Pancake Day squeezed into the same month.  I love Valentines Day..it's always been a fun time for me, getting taken out, sent cards..I love the history of St. Valentine who married people in secret!  I'm not sure how the Americans do it, but I like my version of it at least.  Then Pancake Day!!!  The sickest day ever, my best friend at school's mom used to make our class Scottish pancakes and bring them in for us all to share... YUM!!  I'll definately be whipping up some traditonally British pancakes on the 21st this year!! 

I do normally fast some food/drink item for Lent (not sure what this year). One year I fasted all hot drinks and realised that hot drinks were what I was literally living on...made me change my diet!!

I'm mostly happy because we have lift off...there have been some things weighing us down, holding us back, killing the song.  This morning we woke up singing and dancing... we rearranged our living room space so there is more dance floor!

It's great knowing we don't have to live someone else's life... but our own life..completly just the way it supposed to be...be ourselves in the fullest fashion.

I highly reccomend purchasing The Loft Sessions

Comments

  1. Love this post - mostly because it sounds just like you! Your happy-ness makes me feel happier, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Write to me! :O)

Popular Posts