A Very Bocelli Christmas
I have been slightly obsessed this week with Andrea Bocelli, that booming voice, what a gift to the world. Below I posted a version of White Christmas, it's a few years old by now.
So in the spirit of all things Advent I've been trying to keep track of the days meaningfully!!
December 7th-12th
These last few days have been full of forgiveness and reconciliation, learning to listen. Attempting to embrace new routines. Recovering from colds and not feeling guilty about family events we can't physically attend. But we do feel guilty....we'd love to spread ourselves out like butter on toast..but we would surely dissolve!
So we sent Christmas Cards - we sent one to my parents! (yes we are those people).
Gave a gift - no we didn't, yes we gave time, he watched Mexican football with our neighbours!
Made a ginger bread house - nope, he is going to teach me how to make one out of graham crackers! Yippee...I made music instead.
Prayed for our missionary friends - barely, we emailed them, sent them Christmas funds and hold them in our hearts prayers.
Made Christmas treats - yes almond cookies! the best ever, I even have left over dough.
Drank Starbucks Hot Chocolate - we plan on mixing that in with our Christmas walk tonight( we did drink a nasty cup of coffee in church foyer because the sanctuary was so full there were no seats left anywhere - awesome).
December 13th - Celebrate Santa Lucia Day (by accident)
Believe it or not I've visited this dear saints tomb in Sicily! She was in legend a wealthy Christian who gave all her money away to the poor and refused to marry the pagan govenor of Syracusa. She was tortured and killed as it goes. My Swedish friends celebrate this day and to their anoyance with American Ancestry talk, my husband is both a little Sweedish and a little Italian ( yes he's gorgeaous). I visited the tomb with my Swedish friend, the Sicilians and the Swedish seem to be the ones who venerate good old Saint Lucy...I mean they dress up, they have specila foods...we listen to Hayley Westenra, and onight we will feast on that very special meal 'Fish and Chips'. All in all this might be in years to come the time we tell our kids all about travelling on a ship around Sicily with our dear Swedish sister. Drink 'fika'...and eat sweet buns!
Comments
Post a Comment
Write to me! :O)